Sunday, October 4, 2009

In Class Drawing Progression for September

Here's my progression in Life Drawing 1 for September '09.  As you scroll down you're going through them cronologically.  The pairs that they are grouped in don't mean anything.  It was just easier for me to post all of them that way.  I'm not a blog ace yet.  I've labeled underneath how long the timer was set respectively.





30 seconds
1 minute





2 minute
5 minute





20 minute
10 minute





20 minutes
30 seconds





1 minute
2 minute





30 seconds
1minute






1 minute/5 minutes





5 minutes/10 minutes





10 minutes






12 minutes
15 minutes





5 minutes
30 seconds





2 minute
5 minute





15 minute


Goal for Fall 2009:  Become a Life Drawing samurai.  Maybe someday I'll be a shogun.

I improved once I started drawing the spinal column first.  I usually get the rib cage oriented in the drawing next followed by the pelvis and a femur bone.  The shoulder blades are helpful to add as well so I can get the arms placed in more efficiently.  Usually the buzzer sounds by then if the drawing is timed to be under a minute, however every once in a while I will get a spare five seconds and thats when I throw in a long axis line that is most informative about the overall gesture of the model.  I've been attending as many of the open drawing sessions as I can, and I think it helps a lot.







No comments:

Post a Comment